Stamford’s East Side is fast becoming Connecticut’s next great neighborhood, in no small measure thanks to The East Side Partnership.
Our accomplishments include:
- Attracted new commercial and residential developments including Eastside Commons and Glenview House with luxury retail space and 250 residential units
- Hosted the first neighborhood conversation with the community to discuss goals and concerns of residents and business owners
- Referred over 100 jobs annually to the East Side community
- Renovated and expanded a recreational field on city property
- Collaborated with the City of Stamford to paint East Main Street bridge and installed pedestrian safety lighting under the bridge
- Placed twenty-two trash receptacles and twenty- five planters along East Main Street, a garden at the round about at exit nine, and a sculpture garden next to the railroad bridge.
The East Side Partnership organizes annual projects to improve the community.
Examples of these recurring projects include:
- Sponsoring semi-annual neighborhood clean-up and planting projects
- Promoting the establishment of East Main Street Train Station with the State Department of Transportation
- Endorsing neighborhood interests on transportation projects including the Stamford Urban Transitway
- Hosting training and development workshops for East Side residents
- Addressing pedestrian safety and parking issues with our City Traffic Planner